爾灣中文學校 / 太平洋交響樂團合作，提供難得的機會，此課程可讓全家一起享受音樂，一同共度輕鬆、愉快的親子時間。
A partnership between Pacific Symphony and Irvine Chinese School
- To provide high-quality string music instruction in a non-competitive, non-threatening environment and to provide opportunities for students to learn about music from Western and Chinese cultures.
- To foster positive interactions between multiple generations through music, strengthening familial relationships.
- To enrich students’ instrumental music education, while providing opportunities for adults to develop or rekindle an interest in music.
Participant criteria include:
- Grade 4 ~ 8
- Youth must play a string instrument (violin, viola, cello or bass) in their school’s music program.
- Youth must have an adult family member who can also participate in playing an instrument (violin, viola, cello, bass or rhythm/percussion).
- Participants must be able to read music (except for adults who are interested in playing rhythm/percussion instruments).
- Participants must have access to or be willing to rent an instrument. Pacific Symphony will provide rhythm and percussion instruments.
- Participants must commit to attending all sessions, except in the cases of emergency or pre-arranged absences.